September 18, 2007

Mom knows best....

I thought I would send my mom a card for all pie baking and jam making she helped me with this summer. This little stick person mother holding the pie was the perfect stamp! And the sentiment fits just right too. These images are from Rubber Soul and there's an entire Stick People set!! Ack, they're just too cute!! I love how they are SO simple but still convey such fun moods. And I love how they fit onto this embossed Spellbinder's tag too, it's like they were made for each other Instead of punching a hole in the tag and tying on a ribbon the traditional way, I opted to just tie a ribbon around the top of the tag. I only made one loop of my bow and then snipped the ends at an angle. Ribbon is from Michael's by Martha Stewart. I colored the image with just a few Copic colors. Don't underestimate the coverage of the Copics. Although my image is simple and doesn't have much color, the Copics blend SO evenly! It almost looks like you cut the dress from a piece of red card stock. Looooooove them!! The fun paper is by Rubber Soul also, another one of those patterns that look like lots of layers but it's from one sheet. Corners are snipped with SU! corner punch and AMuse twinkle stickers were added to some of the circles in the patterned paper. Tip of the day: Arrange little embellishments, like the twinkle sequins on my card, in a triangle arrangement. Triangles are very pleasing to the eye and help to lead the eye around the card.


5 comments:

Karen said...

What a great card! I love the way you colored her.

Alhambra Club said...

Wonderful card, love your paper combo and your coloring is great.

Rose Ann said...

This is adorable! I love the fun colors, and that cute stamp!! Great card!

Charmingdesigns said...

I just got home last night...my new wizard was waiting for me. Wow! I love it!! I couldnt find the "tag" spellbinder on the website. I also got the gold sparkly pen. Wow! love it!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

Michelle,
this is a lovely card for your mom. I saw this line of stamps this past weekend, and looked at them over & over..I will probably end up going back to the stamp store. I love their halloween line. Happy baking. Chris

Related Posts with Thumbnails