January 17, 2008

Pastel Lockhart

I'm having so much fun creating new cards for my stash basket. Birthday cards were definitely a must have. First I stamp for my own personal stash. I make a list of all the cards I need for the month and make sure I create enough for myself. Most of the time I stamp enough for months in advance but I'm really running low because I gave away a bunch of cards for Christmas gifts. So once I'm done with picking out my cards, the rest go into my stash basket for customers......and my mom.

These are birthday cards created with the Lockhart Single Cupcake stamp. It's so cute, I just love it. I cut out the cupcake with Spellbinder's Die Templates and stamped the mini dot circle border from Papertrey Ink around the edge. Background paper is from Making Memories, sentiments from Stampin' Up, images colored with Copic markers! You'll be seeing lots of cards this month with white for the base. I am loving this look, so clean and crisp and everything matches! These are some cheery get well cards. But what I love about the Lockhart Robe and Get Comfy sentiment is that they go beyond *get well*. Get Well to me means that someone is sick and sometimes you need a card for those that need something a little different. One of these hit the mail box this morning for my mother's good friend who just had knee replacement surgery. She wasn't sick but definitely could use a nice card. So I thought the robe and this sentiment would be perfect. I couldn't have picked two better stamps to use for Marilyn's card. So good thinking Karen when you were designing these stamps!! Karen's slippers or socks stamps could also be used for these types of cards. Cards were made from the same supplies as above....rectangle Spellbinder's Die Templates, SU! ribbon, Copic markers.
You can purchase the following at Ellen's online store: Copic Markers, Spellbinder's Nestabilities Die Templates, all Karen Lockhart stamps.

15 comments:

Dottie K. said...

I love those cards especially the white background. I use white alot, so clean and crisp. I'm sure your mom's friend is going to love the robe card. It's perfect. I need to get some sentiment stamps. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Simply Beautiful! When I grow up I wanna be you :) lol

Lori

Anonymous said...

soft and pretty - those colors are beautiful together - and I like the sentiment on the get well card

Deb Wood said...

I just love your blog! These are so cute great idea to stock up!

Han said...

The colours on these cards are beautiful. Hanxx

Anonymous said...

Love the background paper! Do you know the name or if it is still available?

Thanks for the info :)

Marlou McAlees said...

absolutely gorgeous cards!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Michelle, these cards are gorgeous! The colors are so pretty. Did you enter a cupcake card in Eclectic Paperie's gallery for a drawing? It's for a new Stampendous cupcake set!

Rose Ann said...

Both of these designs are beautiful!!

Becca said...

Your cards are so pretty. I just awarded you the "You Make My Day" award on my blogger. Thanks for the inspiration station. I am working on getting my Spring one up in my new scrap/stamp area..the basement woo hoo.
Bela

Anonymous said...

So cute, Michelle! Love 'em!

Cindy Lyles said...

OMG sooooo YUMMMMMY Mish!!!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!

Sharon Harnist said...

Beautiful cards, Mish -- I LOVE the white card paired with this patterned paper (it's gorgeous, what is it?) . . . wonderful look!

My Little Hobby said...

I really love that cupcake card! The colors, design, the whole thing. Too much of a good thing indeed.

Debbie Olson said...

Mish, love these! Great coloring and papers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails