June 15, 2008

Fishing Vest/Cosmo Cricket

Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there! My DH is mowing the lawn right now but we're headed to town in a little while to visit Eric's dad and go swimming. Then we'll head back home and visit my dad later today. I am so thankful that my husband is such a wonderful father to my two reds. And I am also thankful that Eric and I have our dads around still. My dad is recovering from shoulder surgery and Eric's dad has just been diagnosed with diabetes. So more than ever, we are thankful to have them in our lives.......and it's an extra good time to spend quality time with them. I think any dad would say that the best gift is time well spent with loved ones.

On to today's post.....go figure I stamped Happy Birthday on this card. But I already had my Father's Day cards made a few weeks ago. But I wanted to show you Karen Lockhart's Fishing Vest stamp. It's so wonderful for those fishermen....and fisherwomen!..... in your family. I paired my Copic colored image with some Cosmo Cricket patterned paper. Who knew giant polka dots could look so manly!
And here's some photos of the first big fishing venture this summer. My husband took Josey and my nephew Mitchell fishing and they caught a nice little mess of bass. Notice our fancy method for cleaning fish.....two buckets and an old board. Extra sanitary, right!!!?? Here's the little mess of bass. Not very big ones but they made nice little fillets.
Here's the gang with their catch. I'm kinda giggling because these fish are not anywhere near the monster fish these guys have caught over the years. But I'll take 'em cuz they're soooo good all fried up!
Well, it's time for me to get ready........don't want to keep the man of the day waiting too long. Have a great day everyone!!

15 comments:

CreativeMish said...

I love your fishing vest card! It looks like the family had a great time fishing

Miss L said...

Rock Chalk Jayhawk! KU Alum here and I am happy to see your son representing the National Championship team :) Looks like your family had a great time fishing and I love the card-- very manly and those are hard cards to make :)

Lizzy said...

Love the card! DH fishes quite a bit so I may have to get that stamp.

I will also look into a fish cleaning station like yours. The RULE at our house is. "I don't care what you hunt and fish for, but if you can't clean in on the tailgate of the truck in the light of day, don't bring it into my kitchen after dark."

Elaine said...

You are a brave woman to cook those fish! I cannot touch a raw one...ack! What a great family time and fabulous pics of the men having a great time! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the family pics! I was struck by the open green fields in the background. So pretty and such a difference from where I live! It was fun to see.

Debbi T said...

Mishy - Carey has a board he uses to clean fish too...so no worries there! LOL!!

Unknown said...

How fun! Great photos thanks for sharing!
Hugs and come for a visit!

Tami McBeain said...

I love your "manly" card. I'm always at a loss when I try to make cards for men! Looks like your family had a great day fishing, fresh fish...yummy!

Patsy said...

Love the card. All the guys in my house would love this. Good job!!

Becca said...

Great photos and awesome card.

DeeDee said...

WOW, what a cool stamp and an awesome card Mish!!! I love your fishy pictures too....how fun is that!! BTW, I love your new picture you have on your blog....cute hair-do girlie!!!

specialcraftmom4 said...

What a great card! We also love fishing and camping (:

Lee said...

OH the vest card is soooo awesome!! My FIL would love it!! And my DS is super excited to do some fishing sooooon!!! Me?? Not so much!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

AMEN!
I know exactly what you mean about these babies tastin' so fine! **excuse me while I savor the imagination***

~Tex

Unknown said...

Tennessee Titans jerseys
Tennessee Titans apparel
Tennessee Titans shirts
authentic Tennessee Titans jerseys
Tennessee Titans jerseys store
Tennessee Titans
San Diego Chargers apparel
San Diego Chargers shirts
authentic San Diego Chargers jerseys
San Diego Chargers jerseys store
San Diego Chargers
Cheap Christian Louboutin Shoes
Christian Louboutin Sandals
Christian Louboutin Pumps
Manolo blahnik shoes
Christian Louboutin Shoes Sale
Air Jordan 12 (XII)
Air Jordan 19 (XIX)
Air Jordan 14 (XIV)
Air Jordan 15 (XV)
Air Jordan 16 (XVI)
Air Jordan 17 (XVII)
Air Jordan 18 (XVIII)
Polo Shirts Wholesale
RL Crested Polo Men's
RL hoodies Men's
RL Match Polo Men's
Lacoste Polo Shirts Men's

Related Posts with Thumbnails