April 21, 2009

Spiced Tea Recipe

Many of you requested my mom's Orange Spiced Tea recipe so here it is for you today. :) I used Melon Berry cardstock from Papertrey for the base. Recipe is printed from my computer on 8.5 x 11 cardstock and then cut down to size. Embellishment strips are cardstock from My Mind's Eye and ribbon snippets from Papertrey in Aqua Mist and Melon Berry. I also stamped some tea pot images from Papertrey's Tea for Two on the recipe card.
For the round embellishment piece, I stamped Karen Lockhart's Itty Bitty Tea Pot onto some October Afternoon patterned paper and cut it out. I adhered that to a Papertrey circle stamp from Tea for Two. I used punches for both layers of the circles.

Here's the recipe that you can copy and paste into a word document or print right from here:
Spiced Tea
3 cups sugar
2 cups Tang instant breakfast drink
1 cup instant tea
½ tsp ground cloves
½ tsp cinnamon
Can add lemonade mix for a twist on the flavor
Mix all ingredients together and store in airtight container. To drink, add 2-3 heaping teaspoons to boiling water and enjoy.

Note: 1. The Becky Higgins script font can be found at her blog HERE under the products tab. 2. I'm not sure what you can substitute if you can't find Tang where you shop, it's always been available around my area. 3. The amount of lemonade you add is up to you, depending on the desired tartness. 4. All of my recipe cards are 4" x 6" in size, and you can view more by clicking on the recipe label at the end of this post.

16 comments:

glitter girl said...

Good morning, Mishie! I LOVE your little recipe cards - I've been making them for my friends whenever I find a recipe I want to share!

Becky said...

This is another wonderful little project, I love this, now if I had some recipes I could use these :) :)

Dianna said...

Thank you so much for sharing!!

Elizabeth S. said...

Thank you for the recipe. I love how you do your recipe cards.

MichelleY said...

What a darling recipe card...and I've got to try that tea. It sounds delish!

Maren said...

You know, it never occurred to me that I could stamp on patterned paper and cut it out .. I feel like a light bulb just came on here! :D

Thank you! And thanks so much for sharing your wonderful work!

Maren said...

By the way, I left a greeting for you in my own blog!

Pauline said...

It's so pretty :o)

CreativeMish said...

I haven't had this tea for ages! Thanks for reminding me how good it is. Great recipe card!

Deb said...

This is a great recipe and a family favorite during the winter months. We, however, don't drink tea, so we replace the cup of instant tea with 1 cup of pre-sweetened lemonade mix and then leave out the sugar. It's so yummy! Just thought I'd throw that option out there for any other non-tea drinkers.

Love your blog and visit it daily for some fun inspiration. Thank you for sharing your creativity!

All moments remembered said...

Hi Michelle,
You have convinced me to stock up on Just Rite stamps for my store. Now I think for sure I need to do Lockhart.
Can you help me out on one thing? The only just rite stamp I am having trouble with is the one with the vase of flowers in the middle. The middle stamps fine but I added my own words around the border. I can not for the life of me get all the letters to stamp out perfect. I get the top words and not the bottom and vice versa. I have tried all kinds of pressures but can't seem to get one great ptint after trying about 40 times or so. Is there a trick to this? Any help would be great. If you could email me when you have time I would so appreciate it.
Thanks, Stacey
allmomentsremembered@gmail.com

Michelle said...

That sounds YUM-O - - I bet the sweetness of Tang makes this delish! Love the little recipe card. I have seen you use these before....jotted that down as a Christmas gift idea...some sort of homemade recipe card something. Have a good one, Michelle.

C said...

Thanks for the tea recipe. I don't usually use mixes but in this case I'm making an exception. I have never been able to get this font from my desktop to Word. Any suggestions? So NOT techy here. :-(

Kari D said...

Thanks for the great recipe...it is similar to one my Mom used to make. Gotta love those Mom's! I love the fact that you turned your recipe card into art (again!). Oh my! Look at all of the details! What a wonderful way to turn a jar of spiced tea into a designer gift! THANKS as well for the link to Becky's font. Woo hoo! Have a wonderful day!

Mixing-Katie said...

MMmm....I love that tea with Tang, my mom makes it too. I dunno why, but she called it Russian tea.

LCPARSONS said...

I love that Font. When I downloaded it, it does not show up in my fonts list. It only shows up in the file where I saved it and cannot be used. Help!! Email and let me know what I am doing wrong! Thanks. Love your work!!
LCPARSONS@YAHOO.COM

Related Posts with Thumbnails