November 17, 2009

JustRite November Release

This month, JustRite Stampers has a new release of products. To celebrate, JustRite is doing a little blog hop to showcase some of the new products. And be sure to check the JustRite website for some big sales on Christmas themed stamps.

Today I'm using the Just A Note Centers and Borders stamp set to make some simple notecards. I started out by stamping my *just a note* and *just because* sentiments and circle borders onto cardstock. I really like these types of generic sentiments for notecards. They can be used for thank you notes, birthday cards, get well cards, etc. I then cut out the sentiments with a Spellbinder's Circle Nestabilities die template. I used a scallop punch to cut the bottom layer circles.
My paper that I used today is Nook and Pantry from Basic Grey. I love the fresh colors. I paired the yellow up with Papertrey Lemon Tart ribbon and the green is complimented by Papertrey New Leaf ribbon. For the *just because* notecards, I colored the tiny flowers in with Copic markers. Here's my green versions...
I love the scripty fonts on these stamps, so fresh and fun! Lots of different combinations you can make with the sentiments and circle border stamps.
And if you love the butterflies, here's what I did: Using my new Martha Stewart butterfly punch(I found mine at Michael's), I punched butterflies from Papertrey Spring Moss cardstock. Then I used scraps from the Basic Grey Nook and Pantry paper collection to punch more butterflies. I adhered two butterflies together just in the center. Then I flipped up the butterfly wings a little to make them 3-D. Green sequins finish off the butterfly bodies. Sooooooo pretty, don't you think?
Okay, be sure to do a little flitting around of your own and visit the other designers' blogs. I'm sure you'll be inspired:

24 comments:

Wendi said...

Oh I love it when I'm the first to comment! It probably just means I'm up too early! Oh well, I SUPER love this card. I think I'm off to Michaels to get the butterfly punch. Thanks for sharing.

Kellie Fortin said...

Mish--- You have so inspired me to use my new Butterfly Punch!! These are the sweetest notes ever!! Just gorgeous Girl!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Very pretty, love the addition of the butterfly punch!

Lenoria said...

I love your cheery colors! The butterfly is a wonderful addition to the cards.

Jessica said...

What lovely cards! These stamps just have to be part of my stash!!! So versatile! TFS

Heidi Blankenship said...

Oh, these are so pretty! I love the designer paper and the pretty spring colors! Beautiful note cards!!

Anonymous said...

Mish - I ordered this stamp set the first day available. I'm going to use it to make card sets for Christmas gifts. Thanks for the inspiration. Oh I'm sorry that the roads were bad and you missed out on your day with Dawn and Nichole.

scrapfancy said...

I love these cards and have enjoyed making these myself. A nice size.

Steph Ackerman said...

Great cards, love how sweet they are.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

OH, how delightfully pretty are these - wonderful colors and just so very happy and cheerful -- wonderful project!!!

Whimcees said...

These are so dainty and lovely! You did a beautiful job with the layouts and the color combinations!

Barbara Diane

Karen said...

Such pretty notecards. I don't have that butterfly stamp yet. I love all things buttefly. I have trouble using Martha's punches with thick cardstock so am surprised that you were able to use Papertrey. Gotto go get that butterfly. Thanks for sharing.

Cazzy said...

So pretty, love the butterflies and paper.

Cazzy x

Anonymous said...

Very pretty cards. Love the colors and the papers too. The stamps are really great too. Thanks for sharing. Phyllis M.

Unknown said...

very cute & simple cards

lisa808 said...

Gorgeous--so dainty & feminine!

Kathy Jones said...

So fresh and pretty - love the colours and those butterflies are fabulous!!!!

Michele Kovack said...

These are absolutely perfect! Love those added butterflies and the yummy colors!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Love the color combo and the butterflies! Love how they are 3D. You make a fabulous stick friend!

starsandcards55 said...

hey, mish. i was just over at nichole's blog and saw the hysterical pics they took "with you" in kansas city! i love how they included you in the visit since you couldn't be there because of the weather. what great friends! i feel like i know you all from reading and following your blogs.

Christine said...

These are gorgeous!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Anonymous said...

Hi Mish,
are these quarter sheet notecards as you have done in the past, or half sheet with a fold?

Susan said...

These are truly beautiful cards -the butterflies are probably the best I've seen in a long time.

Olga said...

Simplicity at it's best. Gorgeous cards!

Related Posts with Thumbnails