January 7, 2012

Baby cards for twins...

Happy Weekend everyone! Looking forward to a fairly relaxing weekend with hopefully some card making and Project Life updating on my plate. Jordan's got a 8th grade movie night planned to see Chip Wrecked so I think I'll rent us a good movie for here at home. Also, I'm going to take Melanie Bauer's lead and make us an adult version of her muffin tin meal to take down to the Lounge. Such a fun idea.

I've had many comments about readers missing my Papertrey contributions. I have taken a new role with Papertrey with a more relaxed assignment schedule but I'm definitely still a part of the team and am loving Papertrey for my stamping projects. I will still be posting my cards and stamped projects here on the blog along with my Project Life layouts. On the 15th of each month I'll also be posting new projects that are from the monthly Papertrey release. So stay tuned, I've got lots of cards that I need to refill for my gift stash since I gave away almost all of them for Christmas and birthday gifts last year. :)

Today in crafty department I'm sharing a set of baby cards I made for Josey's basketball coach. She's pregnant with her first twins, a boy and girl. How exciting! The team held an impromptu baby shower with not much time to purchase a gift when you live 15 miles outside of town. That's when I always go with cards as gifts. I created this cute little package of cards in a very short amount of time.
I reached for lots of baby stamps from Papertrey's nice selection. For the cute giraffes I used Sweet Baby in colors that are suitable for both a boy baby and a girl baby. For the sentiment I used Bitty Baby Blessings which is a great set if you need verses for twins.
My patterned papers are from a Studio Calico monthly kit along with a few scraps I had lying on my stamping table. The base cardstock is Rustic White. For the envelopes I used more sentiments from Sweet Baby and Bitty Baby Blessings. I love to make coordinating envelopes for card sets that are to be used as gifts.
For the packaging, I tucked the cards and envelopes into a Clearly Creative Card Box and tied on some Dark Chocolate ribbon. I love the professional look that the clear boxes lend to card sets. It makes me think of little boxed sets you pick up at the boutique shops. For the tag I used Medium Manila Parcel Tag from my shop with a sentiment from Inside & Out: Baby and Bitty Baby Blessings. A nice little gift that was inexpensive to make and I know will be very much appreciated.
Coming soon:
Next Tuesday I'll be doing an Etsy Shop update. I'll have restocks of all my paper sack goodies including the small varieties shown below plus the larger Kraft polka dot & lined sacks + the large notebook paper sacks. These are great for gifts, cards, Project Life inserts and more!
I'll also have a fun Valentine kit using an airmail theme available in limited quantities. Stay tuned to the blog for Valentines using kit items all week long.

More weekend plans:
After I had the flu this week, some major house disinfecting was in order. You know how that goes, right? It started with 2 loads of laundry with the bedding......and turned into 7 more load of laundry for just Josey's clothes. See what happens when you turn the laundry over to your children? It doesn't happen unless you crack the whip or intervene. Grandma to the rescue! She came over and we divided and conquered. With 65 degree temperatures, we made good use of the clothesline. Josey was very, very happy when I informed her of her good fortune. Little does she know that I have other chores in store for her today. ;) So we're back at it today with more bedding & winter blankets while the weather is SO, so nice. Windows are flying open too, the fresh air is great!

Then I'm taking some time to work down in the Craft Department. I hope to see lots of ink hit the paper and make paper scraps fly! I hope you have a wonderful and crafty weekend, friends. Any good movie recommendations?

13 comments:

Cindy said...

Very cute baby cards! I'm glad you are still going to be showing us Papertrey projects. Your blog was one of the first I discovered and got me inspired to really get into stamping. I've enjoyed seeing your style morph into what it is today. My style has gone onto a shabby, vintage look. It's all fun, isn't it?!

Linda said...

Cute cute cute baby cards Mish. I had no idea what a muffin meal was so I hopped over to have a look. What a great idea and an adult version sounds even better.

Renee said...

Can't wait to see your PTI...
I do miss them!
But I'm inching closer and closer to starting the Project Life because of you...
just so you know!
And new dvd's...
The Help!
One of my all time fave books...
and the movie wasn't a huge disappointment.
Enjoy all the crafty/family time...
glad you're feeling better!
We're having the same kind of insane January weather...
and though nice...
when is Winter going to arrive?
And when it does...
what's it gonna be like?!!

Jana said...

Thanks for the beautiful inspiration! My brother and SIL are expecting twins and this may come in really handy! :-)

Ana K. said...

I just LOVE your work!

Janet L. said...

The baby cards are simply adorable! I check your blog each day and have for several years. I'm soooooooo glad to see you're still making cards. I'm not a scrapbooker, but I love your cards!

Cele said...

Cute,cute cards! I was going to say The Help movie also. The Tourist,Red Riding Hood and True Grit are also good ones. Taking down the Christmas decor today and laundry in between-a mothers jobs are never complete...

nancy said...

Great sketch that you used for the cards. I'll be tucking that away for future use.
Glad that you're feeling better, Mish. I'm doing the same as you, only it's my daughter's sick germs that I'm hoping to send on their way with fresh air.
My recommendation for a movie is The Debt. Enjoy what ever you end up watching.

Cathi said...

Cute, cute cards! And I would also recommend The Help if you haven't seen it. Enjoy your weekend~ finishing taking down Christmas which always means rearranging too. And, headed to a college basketball game... :)

Debbie R. said...

Love the baby cards. Such a nice and useful gift! I can't wait to see some of your valentine creations!

karen Stephenson said...

Mish, I am so happy to hear you will still be doing cards and using Papertrey. Your things are always my favorites. I don't do the Project Life stuff as it is only me and Mr so that isn't nearly as interesting to me. Love you blog and 'pin' you often. Thanks for sharing yourself. Karen

Anonymous said...

I too have been missing your PTI card posts. Although I am primarily a scrapbooker I can not see myself doing a Project Life but I have always been very inspired by your card creations. Thanks for sharing your talent with all of us.

Diana F. said...

I so love your cards and it is good to hear validation that you will continue to work with PTI and make cards. You really are my primary inspiration for card making. Your style just speaks to me and has for years. The baby cards are so cute, I just love everything you make!

Related Posts with Thumbnails