April 8, 2012

"This is Awesome" Card

I've had a lot of fun lately using Studio Calico's Awesome stamp set for my Project Life. The stamp set is now retired but you can see the images here. A while back I got an idea that stuck in my head so I just had to try it out.

I started out by embossing the frame from the stamp set onto a Project Life journaling card using Powder Zing embossing powder. Very cool in itself and this would look fabulous with a small photo on top for a Project Life insert. Which I will probably/definitely try sometime.
But I took it even a step further and used my Nestabilities square dies to die cut/emboss a square. Now this IS awesome. There are tons of ideas running through my little brain right now for uses for this type of frame. Tiny Instagrams for cards of scrapbook pages, popped up chipboard shapes, fabric yo-yo's. Vintage papers for the background. Or vellum. Etc, etc, etc.
I decided to use my frame on a card front. I used Papertrey's Rustic White cardstock for the base which was splattered with SC Mister Huey spray mist. I made two long flag strips and adhered them next.
For the embellishments I used lots of items from my Lemon, Lime & Aqua Embellishing Kit like the metal rim tags with punched circles, a piece of a paper doily, the baker's twine and the stamped tag. I also used a small bag full of snow confetti that comes with the kit. I love this behind the frame. I tucked a punched shape into the bag before sealing up. I used a few strips of Scor-Tape to adhere the seal confetti bag to the back of the frame...then adhered the frame to the card front with pop dots. The sentiment from the tag is from Papertrey's 2012 Birthday Tags stamp set. The Vintage Buttons are Sweet Blush from Papertrey.
So fun and festive....and could be used for lots of occasions. I might end up making some of these for graduation cards for Jordan's friends in our school colors. Black & white plus make a little silver shimmer. Too much fun! Hope you enjoy.

8 comments:

Natt Smith said...

Love the color scheme on this card ! What's SC mr.Huey color did you use ?

Karen said...

Wow this is awesome! I love it :)

KAREN said...

This is such a great idea. I have both Studio Calico stamp sets and lots of embossing powder. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us! Oh, and I love your card too!

Caroline said...

WOW this is awesome, you really are just fabulous, i love your cards etc :)

lisa westphal said...

LOVE the Zing!! -It 'is' Awesome! :)

Maureen Morton said...

What a fun card, Mish! Love the layers and the 3-D packet of fun.

Megan said...

This is a great idea! shucks, I really wish I had gotten a chance to purchase that stamp set (along with the Epic set my SC). ;P

I love your style! thank you for sharing. =)

Anonymous said...

There's only one word. Awesome!
Rx

Related Posts with Thumbnails