August 23, 2012

Cards with October Afternoon Woodland Park...

Hey there, back today with a few cards made from the Aqua Cards & Envelope Kit. The kits come with aqua cardstock bases + coordinating aqua envelopes, a clear cardstock box, aqua seam binding, a metal tag and aqua/white baker's twine. These along with the main card kit were featured in yesterday's post. If you ordered this kit, it's designed for you to create your own cards and then package them up in the clear box for a gift. There are 5 card bases/envelopes which will fit inside the clear box if not bulked up too much. Then you can tie the seam binding around the box and make a bow....then tie the metal tag onto the bow with the baker's twine.

The possibilities for your card design, patterned papers and embellishments. I thought I'd show you two cards that I made today using the aqua cardstock and fun new October Afternoon Woodland Park accents. My first card is one that will go into my card stash for one of our moms. They like floral cards that kind of generic in nature. This one is blank inside and the outside sentiments will be suitable for a birthday, congratulations, etc.
The main accent for this card is a big chipboard flower from the Woodland Park Chip N Stick Sheet. If you get stuck as to what to use those big pieces for, they make perfect focal points for cards. The chipboard is adhered to a Large Manila Parcel Tag with an October Afternoon sticker word stuck on. More sticker words were added to the bottom of the card along with a strip of the Woodland Park Chevron Washi Tape. The patterned papers are both from the 8 x8 Paper Pad and the seam binding is the color that comes with the kit from my shop. Medium Scalloped die is from Papertrey Ink.
For my next card, I needed a fun card for my little nephew who started 1st grade yesterday. I thought this bunny on the bicycle die cut from the Woodland Park Miscellany pack was adorable. It's popped up on top of another Large Manila Parcel Tag with wood veneer starts from Studio Calico.
Both patterned papers are from the Woodland Park 8 x 8 paper pad. You'll really love this line if you're a lover of the color blue. And a funny little coincidence.....after I made this card for my great-nephew, my niece posted a photo in Facebook with Nick on his bicycle asking if he could ride it to school. How fun is that!?
That's it for today's projects. The Aqua Cards & Envelopes Kits are nearly gone. The You Make Me Smile Card Kit is just about sold out as well. I've gotten lots of nice notes about this kit so I think you'll enjoy it. For those who have already ordered, all orders are shipped as of this evening. If you like this card design, I have a few kits with the same tags and accessories that you can use on some card designs of your own. And remember, if you'd like your card kit to have the items stamped, be sure to add on the Happy Stamper Add On Kit with your order.

Okay, I'm off to chat with the girls about their first day of school. My parents stole them away for ice cream and a burger so I can't wait to hear all about their day. I'll be back soon. :)

4 comments:

WinterBerry Glen said...

that is a cool coincidence that your nephew wants to ride his bike to school and you already made him a card with those cute bunnies on it! hope he likes it. Also, how nice is it that your parents can spend time like that with your reds. I wish that my parents lived closer so that they could pop in for spur of the moment visits! Hope they had a great day.:)

Unknown said...

Lovely cards! I hope your girls had a wonderful first day of school!

Celestial Charms said...

Such lovely cards. The bunny rabbits are too cute!
Maureen

Unknown said...

So beautiful cards. These are looking so great. I have worked at plastic business cards printing and designing company and these cards inspire me so much.

Related Posts with Thumbnails