February 21, 2014

Project Life 2014....Cover Page & Week 1

Today I'm sharing my 2014 cover page and Week 1 of my Project Life album.  I used Gossamer Blue kits for inserts.  When starting a new album, I like to have a cover page that introduces a new year.  I decided to go with a rainbow theme to start off with a colorful year.  Here you can see a 6 x 12 insert over the scalloped 12 x 12 page.  
I used the Gossamer Blue 2014 insert along with some sequins from my stash and another 4 x 6 insert from Gossamer Blue.
I really like how the sequins provided a transparent view to the rainbow page.
On each of the little quote bubbles I used an October Afternoon phrase stamp from a Gossamer Blue kit and then typed the family member's name and age on a grid card.  I trimmed the pieces and stitched with gold thread.  The #4 veneer represents the number of our family members.
Turning the 6 x 12 cover page, you see the back side and the full rainbow page.  I just trimmed down the 12 x 12 page to fit into a page protector.
I loved this badge on the Happy New Year insert.
Here I stitched on a vellum phrase and added a favorite photo + the fun 2014 wood veneer.
On the large 12 x 12 page I added a Kraft tag to one insert and stitched on a rainbow arrow sticker.  I like to note that I am creating this album and the start date.
Turning the page once more you can see my week one layout.  I used a rainbow theme starting from left to right with the middle row of 3 x 4 journaling cards.  Just something fun and since this was made in advance all I needed to do was add my photos and embellishments + some journaling when I was finished taking photos for Week 1.
I was a little worried that I had too much color going on but once I completed the spread, I loved it.  It's just a colorful layout kicking off the new year with a little fun. 
Here's the left page. 
 The right page.
 Here I used two 3 x 4 journaling cards to fill one 4 x 6 slot.  I love all the fun elements added here.
 For this 3 x 4 insert I used a pocket from a kit and added in two Large Manila Tags with photos.
 Couldn't forget the black eyed peas on New Year's Day.  A family tradition to bring good luck to the new year. I stitched a Medium Manila Tag to the 4 x 6 insert and trimmed.
 This yellow polka dot card was a full 3 x 4 size.  I trimmed down the Kraft card and stitched to the 3 x 4 card then stapled on a die cut.
 Here I used Gossamer Blue stamps directly on the photo + I added journaling to a Grid Paper Label.
 I added stickers and rub ons to this paint swatch journaling card + some stamping.
 Two square photos are on this 4 x 6 card.
 I loved my last few inserts.  I included photos from some crafty sessions + used Grid Paper Labels for typed journaling.  The fun October Afternoon stickers added a whimsical title to the blank banner.
Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Denise E said...

I LOVE your colorful layout and your title page is A.Ma.Zing! Thanks for sharing. I'm getting off to a very slow start for 2014, but at least I am starting! ;) Have a great day. Thanks for sharing. This is one of my favorite layouts you've shared...and that's saying a lot, because I love most of your layouts! :)

Carole said...

That paper is great - who is the manufacturer ? love your work - very inspiring !!

Jodie King said...

Love the start to your 2014 PL Michelle!

Dawn Gross said...

Read your blog always ... haven't commented in awhile. I absolutely LOVE your cover page!!

Dawn

Related Posts with Thumbnails