April 30, 2014

Project Life 2014....Week 9 using Simple Stories from April Gossamer Blue Kits

In lieu of a Workspace Wednesday post, I'm sharing Week 9 of my Project Life 2014 so that I get caught up on sharing some completed weeks.  This is my 2 page spread of Week 9 which uses lots of Simple Stories products from the April Gossamer Blue kits. 
Each month Gossamer Blue highlights a few different companies so it makes it easy to pull from all the different kits to get a totally coordinated look.
I mixed in journaling cards and elements from the kits + used a few of the patterned papers to create my own journaling cards. I think my favorite spreads are ones that coordinate like this....but that still have that mixy matchy feel.
This is the dated, main 4 x 6 insert which combines lots of paper elements +  brads, foam stickers, stitching, Washi tape and exclusive GB wood veneer and stamps.
Loved the little plastic clips.  I used this little frame stamp a lot this month.  It was perfect for adding the date stamp.
A collage photo with typed journaling on a small label adhered with Washi tape.
This was a favorite journaling card from the Simple Stories lineup.
Here I added some yellow watercoloring around the circle part of this journaling card.  Love the artistic touch this adds along with more of the GB exclusive stamps.
Here's where I added journaling cards that I made myself using patterned paper.  Love.
A little messy bundle of thread went perfectly with the brad accent and journaling card.  On the right I added lots of sticker elements and a wood veneer to a weather photo. Enough snow and wind already, bring me Summer!
Okie doke, tomorrow we're moving on to the May Gossamer Blue release!  Happy shopping!

Discussion topic:  What's been your favorite little trick to add to your Project Life pages lately?  I love getting stampy here and there with little labels and words and especially like stamping right onto the photos. 

3 comments:

Pat said...

Always love to see your pages, Michelle. I'm keeping up to date with PL this year and that is definitely making it more enjoyable. As much as I love your layouts, to keep up to date, I'm doing less in each pocket - sometimes just a photo or journaling card. I may only use an embellishment or two on a 2-page spread. But pictures are printed and memories are recorded so all is good!

Unknown said...

I so appreciate your journaling style!! The card on the tutoring makes me smile. As the mom of boy, I will note that those boys might be a little smarter than you think...they are studying with a very cute girl!! :-)
Happy Monday!!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

Simply marvelous!!!
your pages are AWESOME!!!
Tfs:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails