May 23, 2014

Project Life 2014...Week 13

Edited for a question......
Q: How do you print your photos to the size that fits Project Life pockets?
A: I use my iPhoto photo editing program to do any editing to my photos like lightening, straightening photos or cropping photos to squares.  Then I use my printer settings to set custom sizes for photos and to select whether I want a white border around my photos or not.  My printer is an Epson Artisan 730 and I use their premium photo paper.


My Project Life Week 13 was a recent favorite of mine.  I used the May Gossamer Blue kits along with a Project Life Design U page protector.  I love how quickly this week came together.
The left page of my spread was done as usual with a main, dated insert and a combo of 4 x 6 and 3 x 4 inserts. Very photo heavy this week.
The right page is my favorite part.  I used all mini square photos that I printed at home.  I used my iPhoto editing program to crop my photos to squares and then printed them at 2.5" square with white borders by making adjustments at my printer prompts. If you are needing to do some major catch up, I highly suggest using the square photos and 3 x 4 slots. It took the guess work out of figuring photo sizes when planning my layout and you can mix and match the photos wherever they look best. I'll explain more in a follow up post.....
Here's the main, dated insert. Love the flower die cuts, letters and flair from the May Gossamer Blue kits.
Here I sprinkled some sequins from the kits into my pocket.
Here's all of the square photos in 3 x 4 pockets.  It's kind of like using the Collect App where you just have a square photo with embellishments and journaling at the bottom.
I used my typewriter for journaling along with stickers and embellishments from the May GB kits.
The leftover space on the card leaves just the right of space for embellishments.  Loved the stitched on flower with sequin centers.
On some of the cards I used additional patterned paper from various kits.  I'll show you in my next post how I prepared the 3 x 4 cards.
Combos of letter stickers and stamps work great too.
Here I was running out of letters so I mixed up the sticker alphabets from the May kits.  Turns out to be one of my favorite looks of this layout.
So simple but it gives such an organized look to a page.  Definitely will be ordering more of the Design U page protectors and printing more square photos.
I'll be back next time with a break down of this process.  Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ADORE THIS LAYOUT! Would love some re-sizing tips for iPhoto :)

listgirl said...

I really love this Michelle! Such an easy way to catch up by using 2.5" square photos for everything! And all the One Little Bird papers and journal cards for GB kits are SO lovely... You use them well! :)

Gail S. said...

Michelle,
How do you print your photos to the size that fits Project Life pockets? Just beginning to get started with PL.

~ Jo ~ said...

Gorgeous PL spread!!! So is IPhoto something made for an IPhone or something?
Hugs,
Jo
xox

Related Posts with Thumbnails