June 17, 2014

Winnie & Walter Guest Blog Post....Colorado Countdown Calendar

Today I'm sharing a fun countdown calendar that I created with the Winnie & Walter stamp set called The Big, the Bold and Fun.  I'll be doing a few guest posts this week using Winnie & Walter products.  They're a new little company so be sure to check them out.  
Last weekend we had a BBQ with the four families that will be traveling to Colorado together in July.  We planned out our travel itinerary, meal plans, activities to do in Colorado, lodging, etc.  I thought it would be fun to give each family a little countdown calendar to mark off the number of days until our trip.  I know my girls are super excited and can't wait so I know the younger kids would be excited too.
I used a 4 x 6 Becky Higgins Project Life journaling card as my base.  I included a photo of our lodge and then stamped words and phrases all over the card.  The adventure words were stamped with craft paint, mixing green and brown to give an outdoor feel.
For the bottom of the card I used an older Stampin' Up! calendar that I stamped on grid paper.  I added a swipe of paint to create a base for a typed phrase.  Woodgrain washi tape finishes off the countdown calendars.
Everyone loved the calendars and now we're even more excited for our trip.  Seventeen crazy friends road tripping to Colorado.  It can't get here soon enough.

Thank you to Winnie & Walter for having me as their guest this week. Check back later this week for another fun project.

5 comments:

Scrapthat said...

Very cool! Love Winnie and Walter! I have ever since their first set hit the scenes. :D
You did a fabulous job with them! TFS

crazymom said...

What a sweet idea. Sounds like a great trip. Have a great time! ♥

Anonymous said...

What a great countdown! It is unlike any I've seen before!

Jingle said...

These are awesome! I love them!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

simply darling designs!!!!
tfs:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails